Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

MVP Mama

I realized many years ago that I never reached my full potential as a runner.  Not even the lingering perfectionist part of me is not bothered by this.  I know that God is in charge of my life.  He knows me better than I know myself.  I used to think he did it to keep me humble.  Last week I realized something more.

I had been sewing like a mad fool, making Halloween costumes for myself and all 5 kids, plus helping a few neighbor friends with theirs.  #5 had decided that he no longer liked taking naps anywhere other than at my boob.  Sewing while nursing is possible, but I don't recommend it. 

With a darling baby sleeping in my arms I was tempted to just sit back and enjoy, but I was against a deadline and had other children depending on me so I packed him to his crib, hoping he would sleep a bit.

As I descended the stairs to his room  I looked up, noticing a plaque on the wall that has been hanging there for several years.  It was awarded to me my freshman year of college - MVP of the Cross Country team.

 I looked at it, a sleeping baby breathing softly at my neck, and a Voice said,

"You never reached your full potential as a runner so that you can say
 your greatest accomplishment is being a mother"

Praise God for doing more with my life than I ever could alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!