Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Cilantro Red Thai Curry Peanut Chicken

When I see a recipe that involves Cilantro, I love it for ME, when I see Curry or Thai I think, maybe I should be a good wife and make that for DH.  And DS5 (he is my pickiest eater)  LOVES peanut butter & chickens (what he calls all meat).  When I found a recipe that involves all four of those lovely words I pinned it!


And it was a HUGE hit... with everyone EXCEPT DS5.  After taking his obligatory 5 bites, 1 bite per year of age, he had a peanut butter sandwich, with chickens on the side.

Bonus: it was way easier to make than I thought it would be.
These are the changes I made...
  • I don't have a meat mallet so I just sliced the breasts in half length wise.  I think it probably saved me some time as well, which was necessary considering it was unseasonably warm today and I spent way too much time attending to my yard. 
  • I also used regular peanut butter, because that is what I had, and omitted the sugar to compensate.
  • I added half the sauce to a mini pitcher, most people would use it for cream but we don't drink coffee, and then added additional curry paste to the rest of the sauce to make mild and medium options. 
  • Finally I used Olive Oil instead of Peanut, its cheaper and on hand.
Next time I make it, and its when not if because it got 8 out of 10 thumbs I will...
  • Use less Peanut Butter, maybe 1/3 or even 1/4 cup, I found that the pb overwhelmed the curry, at least on my pallet.
  • Half the sauce recipe or make more chicken. We used 3 large breast, sliced in half, and served generous portions of sauce (to the side for the kids) on 5 of the 6 pieces.
The Recipe is from Kalyn's Kitchen.  She has lots of yummy recipes so check her out, I know I will be eating at her "Kitchen" again!

Chicken Breasts with Cilantro and Red Thai Curry Peanut Sauce

I served it with lightly stir fried Cabbage seasoned with butter, salt and a squeeze of fresh lemon and Quinoa. And if you say that word frequently enough (ie telling your kids what that rice stuff is on their plate 18 times) it sounds weirder than it looks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!