Pages

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Banana Bread

DD#2 took this picture for me.  It was yummy!  Here is the recipe...


Banana Bread
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar (I use a mix of brown and granulated)
2 eggs
1 cup mashed bananas (add applesauce if you don't have enough banana)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Optional: chopped nuts, about 1/2 cup

Make it "Healthy"
I add wheat flour and milled flax to almost everything, banana bread hides it very well.
Today had a great consistency, 1 cup wheat, 2/3 cup white, 1/3 cup flax.

Bake at 350* till it is done...  I can't remember how long they baked in two pans.
I bake it in two bread pans because 1 bread pan takes too long (at least an hour) and tends to have a doughy spot in the middle top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!