Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

The Good Doctor

 
After weeks of sick kids, sick hubby, sick me, I am desperate for a Sunday afternoon nap.  Church usually wears the babies and I out, so we come home, have a quick lunch, then the 3 older kids go upstairs to play or watch TV, we have a don't ask don't tell policy.  If they stay quiet while the rest of us nap they can get away with just about anything.  Today toddler went down for a nap without a protest, then baby fell asleep, and I hopped in bed.  Just as I started to get warm and cozy he woke up.  This went on for 2 hours before I gave up, and went for a visit with the good Doctor.
 
He did not disappoint. 
I am not sure if it was the actual beverage helped me feel better, or drinking it and looking up how old it is occupied me until the DayQuil kicked in.
 
I am impressed, Dr. Pepper is really old! 1885, the oldest soft drink available.  Then I decided to see what other companies are super old.
Gotta Love Wikipedia, they provided lists both domestic and abroad.
 
This INN has been around, operated by the same family, since 1667.  And they say you shouldn't mix family & business. 
 
Even more impressive is the Kongō Gumi construction business,
 family owned and operated from 578-2006, 1,400 years!!
 
AND that my friends is how this Mama's brain works when it's so tired it hurts.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!