Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Who is The Mean Mama?

Because my Hubby's job requires him to be exposed to the salt of the earth, and by salt, I really mean scumbags I am doing my best to keep this blog anonymous. 
Clearly, people who know me have figured out that the pins I keep putting on pinterest are actually written by me, but that's okay, because I like those people, or at least trust that they won't harm my kids. 
But  I figured I should introduce myself, in case any other blogging mama's happen by and wonder who I am.  Clearly I think I am much more important than I actually am, but since I enjoy knowing a bit about the mommy blogs I read, I figure I should return the favor.

I am madly in love with my husband. We have been married for 12 years and known each other almost 13 years.

I LOVE being a Mama

I am a Stay at Home Mama of 5 kiddos.  Yes my kids call me Mama, they also call me Mom or Mommy, but I really like Mama, not sure why, I just do.

My kids range in age from little baby to 10 years old.  My girls came first (less than 2 years apart), followed by 3 boys.
There is an unplanned 4 year gap between #3 & #4.  This was a period of great learning for me.  You can read about it here.

I have a bachelors degree in Human Development.  I choose to stay at home with my kids for three reasons:
1. I want to.
2. There is no greater job than being a mom to my kids.
3. No job in my degree's field pays enough to justify paying for daycare for 5 kids.
....but mostly number 1

We have pet chickens.  We tried having dogs, twice.  It didn't end well either time. 

My house is always messy, my little kids are usually naked, my older kids often wear the same clothes for a full 24 hours, my makeup is only done on Sundays (if I have time), my hair is usually in a ball,
BUT my kids can make the most amazing chocolate chip cookies ever, so I count myself a success!

I am a Mormon, but don't hold it against me.  I have heard all the jokes and been asked all the questions, I am not an easily offended Mormon.  I only mention my religion because it is a large part of why I am who I am.

I think Peanut Butter is God's gift to busy mommy's!

I have a goal to introduce my kids to as many activities as possible so they can decide what they like.  We do a bit of everything.  Gardening, Baking, Sewing, Painting, Creating, Playing, Music, but not cooking, cooking is boring.

So that is about all.  Or at least all I care to share right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!