Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pumpkin Can't Wait for October Muffins

Saw this picture on Pinterest...
Its from a healthy people website.

My girls and I started drooling before we even read the recipe.  I started digging through the freezer, knowing I had at least one bag of pumpkin in there.  We were determined to eat these yummies.

Then I read the recipe...and wondered what in all that is yummy is "Gaspari Nutrition’s MyoFusion Pro – Cinnamon Roll"
  The recipe called for a scoop, which implies powder.  Based on this assumption I decided to create my own version.

Unlike the above recipe, mine makes a family size serving.  I am guessing since they are healthy people the recipe is technically 4 servings, which could be a family, just not my family.

Here is my version!

Forgive the bad picture, my camera was at a sporting event with hubby, so this is compliments of my oft dropped phone.

Pumpkin (Can't Wait for October) Muffins

1 - 15 oz can of pumpkin
1/2 cup brown sugar
6 eggs
1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Blend these together then sift in:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

Bake at 375* until set

I ended up with 4 dozen over sized mini muffins, so I am guessing it makes about 2 dozen normal muffins.
Drizzle the following GLAZE over the top!

Melt 1/4 cup of butter, combine with 2 cups sifted Powdered Sugar
add about 1/4 teaspoon of Maple, Vanilla, or Lemon Extract (we used maple)
Thin to desired consistency with hot water.  (I lost track of how many tablespoons I added, but it was around 3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!