Pages

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Favorite Movies Favorite Lines


"I wish you were fully 42 and more than unusually plain for your age"
                                                          - Gwendolyn, 'The Importance of Being Earnest'


"I do not know whether there is anything peculiarly exciting in the air of this particular part of Hertfordshire, but the number of engagements that go on seems to me considerably above the proper average that statistics have laid down for our guidance."
                                        - Lady Bracknell,  'The Importance of Being Earnest'

If you have yet to watch or read Oscar Wilde's 'The Importance of Being Earnest' I highly recommend it.  I loved the play when we read it in high school and when I learned there was a movie I found it and watched it until the VHS tape broke, as in the black film stuff inside actually wore out and snapped.  Probably about the singing scene.  I could have almost the entire play in this post.  If you want to watch it it's on Netflix and on YouTube, though I am not sure the later is a legal copy.  You can read it here.


"What was God thinking?!!?"
                                        - Grace 'Return to Me'

"Grace has Bob's dead wife's heart!"
                                        - Megan, 'Return to Me'
"I love our friends, we say stuff like, "we're gonna douse you in ant pheromones" and they're like "okay", They're so cool!"
                                        -Phineas & Ferb (not a movie, but a dang funny cartoon)

"Have fun storming the castle"
                                        -Miracle Max, 'The Princess Bride'

"When did Brand get braces?"
                                        - Andy, 'The Goonies'

"It's Okay! When I was on the bus I found a nickle!  I wish I had pockets." (or as TK says, "pocks!")
                                       -Mike Wosaski, 'Monster's University'



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!