Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

When Western Meets Eastern Medicine

http://www.chandlermcnulty.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Mirena-IUD.jpg


I am one of those lucky women who had a Mirena IUD perforate her uterus.  I read the warnings on the pamphlet, it said that there is a small risk that the IUD could perforate the lining of the uterus.  To me that meant that the lining of my uterus could be scratched by the plastic device.  Scratches heal and what were the chances of it actually happening to me?

Mirena has since changed the wording.

"Mirena may attach to or go through the wall of the uterus and cause other problems. If Mirena comes out, use back-up birth control and call your health care provider."

Sometimes lawsuits aren't frivolous, clearly a lawsuit is what changed the wording and made it clear what the  risks were.

I have not and will not sue Mirena as many have chosen to do.  Just because the warnings were not explicitly clear does not make it their responsibility that I CHOSE to use that for of birth control.

The warning that is not listed, and many doctors are unaware of, are the lingering problems caused by a migrating IUD.  The thought is that if all the organs surrounding the uterus look healthy upon removal of the IUD, then they are healthy.

Western Medicine does wonderful things, but it falls terribly short by ignoring the influence physical pain can have upon the rest of the bodily systems.

This is where Eastern Medicine thrives.  It recognizes that the body is a complex system and that no system is alone.

It was discovered by somewhat naturalistic mainstream doctor that I had a Qi Stagnation. 
Qi is affected by many things, but physical exercise helps it flow smoothly.  For a few years I had felt too sick and tired to do any form of exercise, but when I did start running again I felt better.  Putting 2 & 2 together I went to an acupuncturist.  He got my Qi moving again, and in the process discovered  
I did not have Acid Reflux. 

JUST LIKE I THOUGHT

Lesson Learned:  Trust your gut (pun intended) instinct, doctors are wonderful, but they can't feel what you feel. 

There are two acid issues, read about them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your story here!